My adventure into the world of blogging began back in spring of 2014. I didn’t know too much of what I was doing, I just wanted to be involved in the world wide web somehow.
As my blog has developed, it’s now averaging between 200-400 visits a day, I started to realize that for many visiting my site, I had gained a wealth of knowledge that I could use to help them.
So, I decided to start a series to help other traders start and develop their own trading website.
There are so many major benefits for day traders when it comes to blogging. Any day trader can and should have their own personal blog.
1. Airing out your thoughts helps with thinking through things clearly. Posting on a daily basis allows the followers you amass to share their thoughts on your trades. Made a bad trade and can’t figure out why? Post about it and ask others why they think the trade went against you.
It’s a significant resource for learning from other traders on how to be more successful.
2. It keeps you accountable to your trading plan. In a recent post, I discussed the importance of having a trading plan. Keeping a blog is a great place to share your trading plan with others. And by sharing your daily trades and thoughts, you’re inviting the community to hold you accountable to the plan that you post.
You can find more information on how to develop an effective trading plan here.
3. Growing your community will only enable you to learn more. Not a single successful trader ever did it without the help of someone else. By running a day trading blog, matched with the right social media strategy can draw the attention and respect of the trading community.
You can easily make contact with lots of other traders and get to know them personally. Knowledgable contacts will only be to your advantage.
4. It allows you to give back. If you’ve made a successful trade or two, its time to give back. Sharing your trade successes and failures enlightens other traders. Through your blog a trader may learn something extremely valuable…like how to trade penny stocks successfully. Or how to avoid penny stock scams.
Either way, you will feel a lot better about yourself for sharing information that can help someone.
For me, personally, I’ve had the privilege to talk to several people considering signing up for Pennystocking Silver or Superman’s Alerts and share with them my insight. I’ve seen several of those people go on to have very successful trading careers.
5. A trading blog creates an excellent form of passive income. With all of the traffic that you are bringing to your blog, you can add some ads and affiliate links to products you recommend. By adding Google Adsense to your blog, you can easily create a steady income of passive money.
The other type of income would be affiliate marketing. If there’s a famous stock market guru out there that you follow, ask if they offer an affiliate program. Affiliate marketing is basically a referral fee program for referring people to a product.
If you don’t have a guru, find another affiliate program to join. The largest affiliate program in the world is Amazon. You can sign up with them once you have your site up and running.
6. Writing your thoughts down helps you not to forget. Ever have a great idea only to forget it? Writing it down on a blog will allow you to remember it later on.
7. When you are down in the dumps, you can look back at an earlier post that can be an inspiration to you to keep going.
Hit a new milestone? Write it down. You can look back in a year and remember how inspired you felt.
Hit a rough patch? Write it down so when it happens again you can look back and feel inspired to get through it again.
Share with us below some benefits you’ve received from day trading blogs and why others should start one!